Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Persons promotes the equality and well-being of LGBT people, their families, and their friends through:
· Support to cope with an adverse society
· Education to enlighten an ill-informed public
· Advocacy to end discrimination and secure equal civil rights.
PFLAG provides opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation, and acts to create a society that is healthy and respectful of human diversity. Keeping families together is the mission of PFLAG. Our family values stress education, understanding, acceptance, and support, but most of all love, thereby empowering our children — straight and gay — to lead happy and productive lives.
· parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, sisters, brothers, children, spouses, and friends of gay persons
· straight, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered persons
And We Are:
· a non-profit, tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) corporation
· not affiliated with any ethnic, religious, economic, or political group
· a volunteer, local, community-based group
· a membership organization open to anyone and everyone who supports our mission